The success of the UT Microfarm project is in so many ways dependent upon the generosity of volunteers, collaborators, and supporters. If you can help us out with any donations, materials, or skills, we’d much appreciate it! Learn more about donating.
Materials we almost always need:
- Cardboard, specifically large sheets, unwaxed (i.e. appliance boxes, bicycle boxes, etc.)
- Glass jars, one of our favorite methods of storage and excellent flower and herb vases
- Plastic produce baskets and twine for produce packaging
- Outdoor furniture, such as tables, seating, stands, shelving, screens, etc.
- Pots for plants of all sizes,
- Bricks, rocks, and concrete blocks for landscaping
- Gardening implements, like tools, gloves, tomato cages, etc.
- Mulch, coarse and fine,
- Compost (finished)
- Compostable materials – raw fruit and vegetable scraps only
- Transplants and seeds of food crops and Texas native ornamentals