Cauliflower is a great vegetable to keep on hand for its flexibility. Because it maintains a sturdy texture and has a nutty flavor, cauliflower can be prepared in a multitude of ways. Here, the warm spices and parmesan cheese complement the savory flavors of chickpeas and cauliflower, while the Panko gives extra crispiness. This is a versatile dish that can be served with many types of cuisine. Try pairing with baked salmon, mashed potatoes, and spinach salad for a balanced meal.
- 14 oz canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 small heads of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup Panko
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 415 degrees F.
- While the oven heats, place the chickpeas and cauliflower into a large bowl and lightly coat with olive oil. Mix until the olive oil is fully incorporated.
- Add the salt, pepper, spices, and Panko to the bowl and mix until the chickpeas and cauliflower have an even coat.
- Pour the mixture into an 8″ x 8″ baking pan and sprinkle the parmesan on top. Bake for 40 minutes, or until browned. For extra crispiness, turn on the broiler for for a minute or two at the end.
- Pull out the dish and let sit for a minute to cool, then mix in the chopped parsley.
*Pro-tip: It’s important to used freshly grated parmesan, otherwise the dish gets greasy. This is true of many dishes calling for grated cheese.