Because there has been so much rain recently, there is not much to update you on at the farm. One thing I can tell you is we have a ton of great produce growing out there! Things are growing at an exponential pace. Check out our Facebook page to see some of what’s being harvested. But because I have so little to offer you update-wise, I thought I’d give you a yummy recipe in recompense.
Looking for something unique to take to your next Game of Thrones potluck? This is a fun and fruity take on classic chips and salsa from Spend with Pennies’ blog. It’s a mixture of strawberries, apples, kiwis, and raspberries and pairs perfectly with cinnamon sugar pita chips. Just make sure you buy multiple bags of these because I singlehandedly ate the whole bag while working on this post. Oops 🙂
- 1 lemon
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 kiwis
- 1 lb strawberries*
- 1/2 lb raspberries
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 3 Tbs preserves (I used black raspberry)
*Get at the farm!
1. Peel and finely chop the apples, then cover with a few teaspoons of lemon juice.
2. Peel and finely chop the kiwis and strawberries, then mix with the apples.
3. Add the raspberries, brown sugar, and preserves and mix. Be sure to break up the raspberries with the spoon as your stir.
4. Allow to sit for ~15 minutes before serving.
Pro-tip: Coating apples with lemon juice prevents them from browning as quickly.
Pro-tip: You don’t have to use preserves-I used jam. Honey would be another good substitute.