Become a Micro Farm Staff Member
Check back for future opportunities!
Become a Team Leader
As one of the Micro Farm’s Team Leaders, you can work alongside the farm’s Project Coordinators to build this project to its greatest potential!
General TL Responsibilities: All TL’s will meet with the project coordinators at least once a month. Each TL will work with a specific project coordinator who will provide assistance and can answer questions as needed. TL’s will be responsible for overseeing the other volunteers interested in their project area. Specific TL roles are described below.
Specific TL Roles:
• Fundraising & Events Planner: will facilitate at least two fundraisers by the end of the semester, draft donation request letters, and will work with other TL’s to facilitate workshops and other fun events Apply for Fall!
• Blog Editor: will take on the role as the lead blogger and recruit other student bloggers Position filled, apply for a future semester!
• Compost Manager: will manage and attend to the farm’s compost piles, teach other volunteers how to compost Apply for Fall!
• Education Coordinator: will produce informational signs, posters, and pamphlets about the farm’s sustainable practices and will spread awareness about the Micro Farm and its mission Position filled, apply for a future semester!
• Resource Recovery Supervisor: will work with the fundraising team to secure donations, identify free resources around Austin, and will coordinate volunteers to pick-up and deliver the obtained materials (must have access to a vehicle) Position filled, apply for a future semester!
• Media Designer: will assist with the logo design process, collect photos and video for documenting the farm’s progress, and will design promotional/educational materials Apply for Fall!
Although the Team Leader roles are not paid positions, we highly encourage you to use this leadership position as a supplement to your academic experiences. These positions could work well as internship experiences for a number of different majors and Bridging Disciplines programs; see your advisor for more information. Work schedules will be flexible and suited to your existing schedule.